Thursday, August 26, 2010

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris





















Rating: Three and a Half Stars
Length: 291 pages (paperback)
Source: PaperbackSwap
Other books I've read by this author:
Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas

Definitely my favorite of the series so far, but I just can't get past the style of Harris's writing. It's not bad, but it's sometimes so... bland, and she is so, so repetitive. It loses meaning once you've read the events of previous books five times in each new one. Besides that, though, it's a good entry into her popular series.

Sookie and Bill are on rough terms in this book, thank God. I hate their relationship. First of all, he up and leaves when Lorena, his maker, requests him for some (literally) dirty work. And then he's held captive. Yes, BEEEEEL was kidnapped. Oh no. His girlfriend has to go save him, of course with the help of Eric and newcomer werewolf, Alcide Herveaux. I really like Alcide's character. He's exactly what Sookie needs. Except that he really, really reminds me of Sam, he's a great guy. Sookie agrees, too... but then again, which man doesn't Sookie want to hook up with, despite having a boyfriend? Mhm.

Mayhem ensues. Alcide takes Sookie to a bar, dubbed Club Dead by the vamps, and Sookie and surprised-to-see-her friend Tara engage in a ridiculous dance routine. Think Monica and Ross Geller's routine ridiculous. Sookie also gets into some verbal fights with Alcide's ex, Debbie Pelt. What a bitch (Debbie.)

Pam is strutting around being the best character, as usual, and Chow is there as well. I find Chow very annoying. Ya know who I find even more annoying? Bubba. Yes, Bubba. HE'S OBVIOUSLY ELVIS, CHARLAINE, JUST SAY IT! I hate when she thinks she's so clever by beating around that bush. It's not funny, so stop. Please.

I know this may sound like I hated the book, but as I said before, I didn't. I'm already halfway through the next installment, Dead to the World. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment